Wanna join the Cat & Craft Show? Please apply here
Yes, its a cat themed craft show! This means that the application process will be a little unique. Artisans’ wares need to be around “25% cat” however the more cats the better! Artisans can bring there regular wares but some crafts should appeal specially to cat lovers. As of July 18 the show is 50% sold.
The Half Moon Mama will be selling come crazy cool cat items.
Application Breakdown for the Cat & Craft Show
- All artisans on my mailing list will be emailed applications on July 13th. I will respond to brand new artisans (aka Virgins first) Craft diversity is very important!
- The application link will also be posted on this page and will be taken down when the show is full.
- Timely applications are best to improve chances of acceptance. I will start registering people as soon as applications begin.
I have a very specific vision for the Half Moon Market and I stick to it! Artisans are accepted based on a combination of qualities including
- you create something that pushes the boundary of craft
- you make something no one else at the market is making
- you make something that might not be easily found at other craft shows.
- for the Dec 1st show, you will be asked how your product will fit within this cat loving theme.
The Half Moon intends to be affordable so that no artisan is excluded due to entry fees. Crafting virgins and veterans are equally welcome at The Half Moon however I have a soft spot for the underdogs who are on a tight budget. Table prices range from $25 – $70
Helpful Tips For Half Moon Virgins
The heart of the Half Moon is to think outside the craft box.
To learn more about this show, please check out the Half Moon Market Facebook page and the photo feed on Instagram (Halfmoonmarketwpg). I hope you will see how this show is done for the love of it, for the fun of it and I drop the occasional F-bomb. A few artisans use colorful language in their art and I fully embrace this.
Helpful Tips For Returning Artisans
Repeat offenders are more than welcome! Its wonderful to have folks who want to return. Each Half Moon Market strives to be a unique reincarnation of previous Markets. There are so many amazing artists in this city. If there is no room at the Half Moon, there are so many other lovely opportunities to explore within the city. 15 years ago we didn’t have all these markets and pop-ups! I truly believe there is a spot for every artisan within Winnipeg’s growing craft scene.
DO YOU SELL SOMETHING EDIBLE?
Food and beverage artisans welcome, as always, however for the Cat & Craft I will want to know how you intend to “pussy-up” your display.
In order to sell edible goodies, The Half Moon Market adhere’s to the province’s Farmers Market Guidelines.To learn about what types of foods can be sold with or without a permit, please review: MB Health – Farmer Market Guidelines
The Half Moon Market registers all food and beverage vendors with MB Health. If you sell something edible please be prepared to submit a list of products you make, bake and create. Individual food vendor forms are no longer required by MB Health!
Questions? Please email Sheila@Halfmoonmarketwpg.com