Applications for Springtime in the West End is complete. See you June 2 at the West End Cultural Centre! Click here for show details!
Applications for Dec 1 show will commence July 13th 2019. Yes, its a cat themed craft show! This means that the application process will be a little unique. Artisans’ wares need to be “25% cat” however the more cats the better! This means at least 1 out of every 4 items for sale on your table need to be feline themed. Artisans can bring there regular wares but one quarter (minimum) of crafts will need to appeal specially to cat lovers.
The Half Moon Mama will be selling exclusively cat items.
- “Virgins” will be emailed directly before general registration opens. Early-bird opportunities are offered to first time Half Moon artisans (aka Virgins) to ensure the show is constantly getting fresh blood. Craft diversity is very important!
- Returning artisans will be emailed shortly after Virgins. The application link will also be posted on this website and will be taken down when the show is full.
- . Timely applications are ideal as I dont spend weeks sifting through applications. I spend approx 1 week on Virgins and 1 week on Returning Champs.
I have a very specific vision for the Half Moon Market and I stick to it! Artisans are accepted based on a combination of qualities including
- you create something that pushes the boundary of craft
- you make something no one else at the market is making
- you make something that might not be easily found at other craft shows.
- for the Dec 1st show, minimum 25% of your wares must cater to cat lovers
The Half Moon intends to be affordable so that no artisan is excluded due to entry fees. Crafting virgins and veterans are equally welcome at The Half Moon however I have a soft spot for the underdogs who are on a tight budget. Table prices for the June 2nd show range from $30 for 2×2 foot table to $75 for an 8 foot table.
Helpful Tips For Half Moon Virgins
The heart of the Half Moon is to think outside the craft box.
To learn more about this show, please check out the Half Moon Market Facebook page and the photo feed on Instagram (Halfmoonmarketwpg). I hope you will see how this show is done for the love of it, for the fun of it and I drop the occasional F-bomb. A few artisans use colorful language in their art and I fully embrace this.
If you are brand new to the Half Moon Market, you will be given a head start on applications. Half Moon “Virgins” who have never sold at a Market before may email email@example.com. Please note that being a “virgin” is not a guaranteed in – it just gives you an advantage as the show fills up fast. I put a lot of thought into curating a diverse representation of craft.
Helpful Tips For Returning Artisans
Repeat offenders are more than welcome! Its wonderful to have folks who want to return. Each Half Moon Market strives to be a unique reincarnation of previous Markets. There are so many amazing artists in this city. If there is no room at the Half Moon, there are so many other lovely opportunities to explore within the city. 15 years ago we didn’t have all these markets and pop-ups! I truly believe there is a spot for every artisan within Winnipeg’s growing craft scene.
DO YOU SELL SOMETHING EDIBLE?
In order to sell edible goodies, The Half Moon Market adhere’s to the province’s Farmers Market Guidelines.
To learn about what types of foods can be sold with or without a permit, please review: MB Health – Farmer Market Guidelines
The Half Moon Market registers all food and beverage vendors with MB Health. If you sell something edible please be prepared to submit a list of products you make, bake and create. Individual food vendor forms are no longer required by MB Health!
Questions? Please email Sheila@Halfmoonmarketwpg.com